Sunday 27 November 2016

What I wore on a Winter Weekend

Hello all!

This weekend frustratingly has been one of those stuck indoors! The weather outside was sunny but cold and occasionally I did make it outside a little bit to walk my pals dog and go to the pub! Revision fever for my impending university exams has hit and I am really freaking out! But anyway here is what I wore this wintery weekend.

Friday :


Friday was certainly a day to be indoors (I was not up for risking being crushed in the mad Black Friday sales) also I had an exam at 1pm so that really dampened my spirits! This is what I wore to my exam - black to mourn the loss of my grades haha!

I'm really loving roll neck jumpers (this jumper was included in my last haul here) at the moment apart from being a place to tuck my chin away they also keep your neck warm without you having to deal with a scarf all the time! They are also very smart casual so can cover a wide reaching set of events. I just wore mine with some black jeans - Levi's 512 - and some Oliver Sweeney oxfords with a cleated sole to keep up the smart casual vibe.

Jumper - H&M - £24.99 (only available in store but similar available online here)
Jeans - Levi's - £85 (John Lewis are price matching at £59.50)
Shoes - Oliver Sweeney - £295 (not available but similar here)

Saturday:


Alas Saturday was another day stuck in the flat but I did manage to escape to walk my pals dog! Everything was designed to be super casual and comfortable but not too casual just incase I bumped into someone I knew... The jumper from Whistles is super thick - and has pockets! - and is just simply paired with a pair of jeans (mine are from Nudie) these jeans also are of a heavier weight which keeps your legs warmer in winter! When I needed to walk the dog or dash about I put on my Tod's Sneakers which are so comfy and while it's not wet I try too wear them as much as possible - I also threw over my Burberry Scarf and my navy Barbour Field Jacket - many pockets for poo bags - when walking the dog. However later I did sneak off to the pub and just wore exactly as above but lost the scarf!

Top - Whistles - £95 (past season but similar here)
Jeans - Nudie - £115
Shoes - Tod's - £248 

Sunday: 



I again have not left the house much today - oops - but between watching F1 and doing a bit of revision I haven't had much rhyme or reason to open my front door. I find jeans just so comfortable to wear and that's what I normally have on anyway so I mainly just lounge around the flat in them and I wore a very slouchy roll neck - which is fleece lined -  from COS. The roll neck is jet black and is made from soft sweatshirt material and is so warm and great to lounge around in! When I went out earlier to get some bread I just threw on my ASOS wool trucker and slipped on some black New Balance to just keep it super simple and comfortable.


So that's what I wore over the weekend! What's been your go to piece this winter?

Sam 
p.s had my haircut on Thursday and got a fringe which now I think makes me look like an egg  


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED AND DEVELOPED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS